Taking place over two days, Aviva London Grand Prix includes more sports than any other event on the IAAF Diamond League world circuit.
At last year's sell-out show, Usain Bolt stormed to success in the 100m race – the only competitor to finish in less than 10 seconds – while Kate Dennison set a new national record in the women's pole vault.
Aviva London Grand Prix: Competitors
World-class competitors at this summer's Grand Prix at Crystal Palace include:
- Sanya Richards-Ross and Allyson Felix (both USA), reigning World Champions in 400m and 200m, going head-to-head in the 400m
- Asafa Powell (Jamaica) and Tyson Gay (USA), the second and third fastest men of all time battle in the 100m
- Phillips Idowu (UK), the charismatic reigning World Champion triple jumper.
- Blanka Vlasic (Croatia), reigning two-time World Champion in indoor and outdoor high jump
- Jenny Meadows (UK), world 800m bronze medalist takes on World Indoor Champion Maria Savinova (Russia)
- Andreas Thorkilsden (Norway), the Javelin World and Olympic Champion
- Valerie Vili (New Zealand), world champion shot putter
- Oscar Pistorius (South Africa), four times Paralympic champion sprinter
- Blanka Vlasic (Croatia), reigning world indoor and outdoor high jump champion